1.1 Gamavit is a complex solution, main ingredients of which are denaturized and emulsified placenta extract and sodium nucleinate; the preparation is produced in liquid form at a basis of growth medium containing balanced solution of minerals, amino acids, and vitamins.
1.2 Transparent liquid of red colour.
1.3 Gamavit should be kept in a dark place at a temperature 4oC – 25oC. Should not be frozen. Best when used up to 12 months since the date of production.
1.4 Gamavit should not be used in case of bottle broking, turbidity and changing of colour, appearance of foreign matters and admixtures, the expired period of storage, or infringement of storage and transportation conditions.
2.PHARMACOLOGICAL ACTIVITIES AND USAGE
2.1 Gamavit contains complex of biologically active substances allowing to optimize metabolic processes (for instance, protein, vitamin and mineral metabolism), normalize blood formulae, increase bactericidal activity of blood serum, and exerting immunomodulating and biostimulating effects. It is also shown to decrease postnatal mortality, to augment offspring viability, to enhance muscular workability and resistance of animals to stress. Gamavit is a valuable source of metabolic substrates, promotes increase in growth.
3.1 Gamavit is used for preventive care and treatment of various diseases including anemia, hypovitaminosis, infectious and invasive diseases, pyometra, intoxications; it is also used for rehabilitation of animals after surgery, during birth, and for preparation of animals to exhibitions, competitions and transportation.
3.2 Gamavit is used for preventive care at a dose of 0.1 ml/Kg body weight. Therapeutic dose is 0.3-0.5 ml/Kg. Gamavit may be inoculated subcutaneously, intramuscularly, and as intravenous injection. Oral treatment is also used.
3.3. For preventive care purposes:
- in anemia, hypovitaminosis, for weakened and ailing animals, during rehabilitation period Gamavit is inoculated i.m. 1-3 times a week. Mean duration of treatment is 2-4 weeks.
- during training period, for increase of stress tolerance Gamavit should be used before stress factor once, or as a course at days 8, 6, 4 and immediately before stress factor.
- for increase of fertility Gamavit should be used at a dose of 0.025-.05 ml/Kg at the day of fertilization; for birth facilitation and prevention of post-natal complications – at the same dose 1 week before birth and during birth.
- for prevention of early mortality, hypotrophy, and for increase of natural resistance and gain in weight Gamavit should be used in newborns at a dose of 0.1 ml/Kg at gays 1,3, 5 or 7 after birth.
3.4 For therapeutic purposes:
- for treatment of infectious and invasive diseases (including pyroplasmosis) Gamavit is used as a part of standard therapy complex as injections 2-3 times per day for 3-5 days.
- for treatment of intoxications Gamavit is inoculated s.c., or i.v. (may be used in guttator) at a therapeutic dose increased 3-5-fold.
- during dehelminthization Gamavit is used in combination with anthelminthic preparations as a detoxicative remedy. Gamavit is injected i.m. at the same day and then once again with 1 day interval.
- in cases of obstetrics and gynecologic diseases Gamavit is used as a part of standard therapy complex once a day during 5-7 days, during pathologic birth – once at a double dose.
3.5 Gamavit is easily combined with any other drugs, including antibiotics, sulfonamides and antiviral substances. Combination with Phosprenyl strengthens therapeutic effect.
3.6. Adverse reactions and complications: not known.